Residents of Winter Park, FL enjoy access to a state-of-the-art, well-equipped, well-maintained, beautiful, 38,000-square-foot community center. The Hannibal Square building first opened near the end of 2011. It offers a number of recreational facilities and amenities, as well as programs for youth, adults, and seniors. The Winter Park Community Center is a hub for the city’s community, focused on physical, educational, and social enrichment.
Winter Park Community Center Amenities
Individuals of all ages, friends, and families have plenty to do at the community center. Most facilities are also available for rental for private events. Visitors can take advantage of the:
- Full fitness center with cardio equipment, free weights, and cable stations with low-cost monthly or annual passes for Winter Park residents (and non-residents at increased rates)
- Outdoor pool with zero-depth entry and splash pad features for kids and two 25-yard lap lanes, open from early spring through the end of September
- Outdoor amphitheater at Shady Park
- Two regulation basketball courts
- Billiards, ping-pong, and other games
- Teen center with computers, study area, and more
- Meeting rooms
- Private-entry ballroom with seating for up to 350, designated restrooms, and an attached kitchen
Winter Park Community Center Programs
The community center hosts an array of affordable classes, special events, and other programs for children, teens, adults, and seniors all year long. In many cases, youth scholarships are available for qualifying Winter Park families.
Some offerings for children and teens include a variety of dance and music classes, sports activities, themed kids’ night out and teens’ night out on Friday evenings, swim lessons in the summer, after-school care during the school year, and camps during Orange County Public Schools closing days and vacations.
Adults can take part in men’s and women’s open gym, sports teams, various fitness classes, infant rescue swim classes, and other instruction and activities. Every day from 9:00 am to noon, the community center also offers an array of educational, health, fitness, and social activities for seniors. Organized sports, fitness classes, computer classes, luncheons, bingo, and more are available for free for seniors with a free City of Winter Park Recreation ID.
Winter Park Community Center Contact Information
721 W. New England Avenue
Winter Park, Florida 32789
Phone: (407) 599-3275
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 9 pm
Saturday: 9 am to 8 pm
Sunday: 10 am to 5 pm
Article image from the www.cityofwinterpark.org website.